When to send automated notifications? 🤖
Human written updates are the best way to communicate with your customers.
If you send automated updates, you could:
- Send updates that are too technical, confusing or that lack context
- Send false positives or negatives
Some customers won't understand your updates, and they might feel confused and worried 🥺
That said, there are cases where you might send automated notifications:
- You use your status page internally, or as health dashboard.
- You use webhooks to send hand-written incident updates to Instatus. They're ready for customers to read 🤗
To enable sending automated updates notifications:
Login to your status page at instatus.com/login then choose your status page.
- Go to Settings → Notifications → Advanced
- Select Send subscribers all updates, including automated ones
- Click Save